President Obama has been in office for 5 days and he has yet to take a vacation. Is this a record for this decade? He even worked on Saturday, while I went shopping.
Ok, maybe ol' what's his face didn't take a vacation the first week either. Maybe.
Let's take a quick look at the things that our new President has accomplished in less than a week.
1. He has rescinded the "Mexico City Policy."
I dont' know why it is called that, but I know this will allow the poor in developing countries to better plan their families.
2. He has ordered the closure of the detention facility at Guantanoma Bay, Cuba.
3. He has met with his own advisors and with Iraqi officials about getting us the hell out of Iraq.
4. He has frozen pay for top White House officials.
5. He has promised us transparency and open government in this Administration.
And this is just the beginning of the list and the beginning of a whole new way of life. For him. For us. For our country, our allies and our enemies (of which we should have fewer now).
Here's to another good week of getting everything straightened out and worked to getting our country back on track!