Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Counting Down to Kickoff!

I know there are important things going on in the real world. I know the Middle East is at war. Again? Still?

I know that the new President will take office in less than 2 weeks. (Thank goodness!)


I know that the economy is in the toilet, and it isn't looking like there is a quick fix or a fast turnaround.

BUT, kickoff for the NCAA Division 1A (FBS) Championship in Miami, FL is in just under 25 1/2 hours away.


This year's game is between the #1 Oklamhoma Sooners and the #2 FLORIDA GATORS!

GO GATORS!

There is much speculation about how this game will be played out.
Will Florida be able to stop the Sooners' no-huddle high octane offense?
Will the Sooners be able to score on Florida's young, but effective, defense?
Will Tim Tebow prove that he should have beat Sam Bradford for the Heisman?



The last 2 years' National Championship games were not, well, competitive. Not for 60 minutes anyway. Will this year's be? Are we going to enjoy an Alabama/Florida like game? Or one like USC/Penn State?


I don't have answers. But I can tell you that I won't get a lot of sleep tonight and I will probably not accomplish a lot at work tomorrow.


I would like to say that I would live blog the game, but I would probably end up throwing the computer.


So I will say that I hope NO ONE gets hurt.


And that the Gators spank the Sooners into the ground to win their 2nd Championship in 3 years.



Go Gators!

No comments: