Wednesday, January 14, 2009

HodgePodge II

I've won the football pool the last 2 times that Florida has won the National Championship. Coincidence? I think not.

*****************************************

Tim Tebow is returning to the University of Florida to Quarterback the National Championship team for his Senior year. There was discussion that he would leave early for the NFL, but I never really thought he would. Watch this space on whether Percy Harvin and Brandon Spikes will be returning.

***************************************

Many sportswriters have the Gators at pre-season #1 for 2009!

And people call me obsessive.

**************************************

I started General Bio at the local community college on Monday night. This should be my last class before moving up to the big girl school.

Biology bores me.

The instructor actually did a pretty good job of making it interesting, but can you say "Classroom Nazi?" The class is 2 hours 45 minutes long. She does not give breaks. I've had other instructors do that, they just want you to take breaks, quietly, if you need one. She does not want you to leave the classroom, at all. And, if people continue to be late, she is going to LOCK the door and not allow them to come in.

WHAT?

I am 41 years old and I need her permission to go to the bathroom?
I am grown and I am paying to be treated like a 5 year old?

And there are reasons that people take night classes.
#1. Jobs
#2. Spouse/significant other has a job and SOMEONE needs to take care of the kid(s).

Stuff happens to make you run late, who is she to judge? And, again, PAYING to take these classes. It is bad enough that the college's policies are as strict as high school, but I don't miss classes anyway, and I am not usually late, so I just ignore them.

I emailed the Dept Head this morning; hopefully this will be fixed. I am not going to be happy if I have to drop this class.

2 comments:

SWC said...

That teacher is a Nazi. It is carzy that you are paying to be told that stuff can't happen in your life to make you late or that you can't take a wee when you want to.Ugh.
But good luck with the class you brainy woman you!

ModernMommy said...

Sheesh. I also hate it when teachers treat adult students as if they were five. Come on now! I also hate it when employers do that. Yes my last job used to have a hissy fit if someone was late for a seminar.