Friday, January 9, 2009

Gators Win! Gators Win! Gators Win!*

Wow, what a game!

Wow, what a team!

2 National Championships in 3 years. **

Offensive Player of the Game: Tim Tebow! Who else?

Defensive Player of the Game: Carlos Dunlap!

Coach of the Year: Urban Meyer

Best Play: Ahmad Black's 2nd half interception

It was a great game. Although I am certain the Sooners are not happy this morning, they don't have any reason to be ashamed. They played beautifully. They were just outplayed.

And it was a National Championship game for the ages. Two high octane offensive teams who were held to 24 and 14 points respectively. A defense (Oklahoma's) who was not ranked very high managing 2 interceptions on a quarterback who had only thrown 2 in his previous 13 games.

Officials who seemed to not be paying close attention to much of anything. Although Tebow's unsportsmanlike conduct call kind of tickled me, and seemed to be a fair call, Louis Murphy's was ridiculous. And I do not remember more than one holding call the entire game and there was blatant holding throughout. They did seem to be fair on their lack of calls though, except for Murhpy's, they weren't calling much on either team. (Do you think they knew there were other possible calls out there besides 'false start?')

My heart was in my throat for most of the game. Only at the end, with a 10 point lead and possession of the ball, was I able to relax.

I am so proud to be a Gator fan.

And now I start the countdown to the 2009 season!

Go Gators!

*I was going to get this in last night after the game, but was too hyper at first, and then too tired.

**Yes, I understand that others have a legitimate beef with the system. Texas, USC and, especially, Utah all had a right to play in last night's game and be declared Champions. But the system is broken and, since my team won, I am just going to enjoy it!

1 comment:

Carl (aka Sofarsogoo) said...

I'm glad. Because of you and the scrunchy in your hair, whatever a scrunchy is, I actually looked up the result of that game beforehand. And also because of you, I'm not surprised.