Monday, August 20, 2007

Going to the Chapel of Love

Holy shit, I'm getting married! MARRIED. In 2 months! The invitations went in the mail today. What if we run out of food? What if we run out of alcohol? What if no one shows up? What if everyone shows up? Why didn't I just run off to Vegas and have an Elvis impersonator do the ceremony?



Well I didn't really want to run off to Vegas. I ran off to Texas (not as cool, I know) the first time and the only person I knew (or thought I did) was the guy I was marrying. DSD and I have been together for almost 7 years. We have talked about getting married for a while and we both just felt like it was time. And, frankly, I wanted a wedding. A huge, party to celebrate what we have with those we care about.

So we have saved and planned and spent and now we are getting down to the wire. The invitations are gone, the booze is bought (bar opens 30 minutes before the ceremony) and I am working on getting cable run out to the beach so that our guests can watch football during the reception.* Did I forget anything?

Holy shit, we're getting married!


*It is a very long story as to WHY we are getting married right in the middle of football season. I swore it wasn't going to happen then and now it is! Oh, well, I really do plan to have the televised games on if possible, so hopefully people really will stay for the reception!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats, LLL! he's lucky to have found such a funny, intelligent woman as yourself...

LeftLeaningLady said...

Thank you Pete, you are a sweetheart!

Michelle said...

Congrats!

My party planning advice: Enjoy the party and let someone else worry about the details. If you run out of say, cold bottled water (like I did at my recent party), offer up room temperature bottled water with a big smile and all will be forgotten.

LeftLeaningLady said...

Shel,

Thank you! I will keep that in mind, although bottled water will not necessarily be the most popular item on the menu. We chose October for its (hopefully) more comfortable temperatures. I am guessing the beer and liquor will run out first, but we have told everyone there is a liquor store across the street! If they drink it all, they can buy more or do without!

andante said...

It sounds like THE wedding of the year! Enjoy the festivities, and take Shel's advice. Leave the worrying to someone else.

The Double-U Show said...

hey, congratulations on the nuptiuals, I'm sure your mate LOVES the fact you love football, oh man that would be sweet!