Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Congratulations, Mr. Bonds

Well it is over. Barry Bonds is the new Home Run King with 756 Homeruns to his name. I am not sure how I feel about it. Part of me is sad, I was 7 when Hank hit #755. I am pretty sure I did not see it live, but I remember my dad calling my brother and me from the back of the house during the news to watch it. It felt HUGE and important. This does not.

Maybe there is just too much information floating around the world via the 'net and the 4000 possible TV stations. Maybe there is too much controversey surrounding Bonds. Maybe he used steroids and maybe he didn't. If he did, then he deserves nothing. If he didn't, then it is sad that this wonderful moment has been overshadowed by lies and innuendo.

Seems pretty sad that the entire game is that way now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no honors for roids users!

LeftLeaningLady said...

What if he really is innocent? I know it is mostly impossible, but what if?

UncommonSense said...

Okay, I don't have any feelings about the broken record one way or another because I am not a baseball fan, but I thought this was funny.