Friday, August 3, 2007

USA Today Releases Coach's Poll

LET THE PRE-SEASON SMACK TALK BEGIN!

Have I mentioned that I love College football? It is the best game in the whole wide world. What I don't love about it, however, are the polls. Especially the pre-season polls. They really are stupid. How do you take a team who has never played a game and rank them against another team who has never played a game? Sure the ranked colleges have played before, but with different players. The 2006 teams are not the 2007 teams and they will not be the 2008 team. The University of Florida lost 9 starters on defense alone, some to graduation, some just to go for the big bucks. How are this years 11 starters going to play together? WHO KNOWS?

That being said, I was actually shocked that USAToday had Florida at #3. I honestly figured they would be much lower just because the team is so young. And I would have preferred for them to be lower in the top ten. These young men are not the same team that won the National Championship last year and that is already A LOT of pressure. Being #3 is more pressure. And they are not looking at an easy season with Auburn and LSU back to back, plus we all know that FSU is not going to stink again this year.

Ahhhhh, football. 29 days to go! I, for one, am ready!

GO GATORS!

5 comments:

The Double-U Show said...

I hate pre-season polls. They need them after the first four weeks. Half the teams are going to be out of the bottom 13 of the top 25 midway through the season

LeftLeaningLady said...

Four weeks would be good. But pre-season? Like I said, stupid.

Anonymous said...

Well, my beloved Sooners might be ranked #8 right now, but come Sept. 1, we'll show you that NCAA can take our 2005 season and stick where the sun don't shine!!

Boomer Sooner!!!!

LeftLeaningLady said...

Natalee,

That whole 2005 thing is just the NCAA throwing their weight around. I am not a Sooner fan, but I think what Stoops did last year was punishment aplenty for Sooner nation. There is no reason to screw around with the 2005 season. Are they going to do the same thing to USC 2003? Nah. So make the punishments and penalites equal, or get rid or them.
Go Gators!

The Double-U Show said...

Hi Left Leaning Lady,

You're more than welcome to add me to your blog, I'll do the same as soon as I figure out how to do it:-). I don't know if I mentioned that the internet is still new because I was born yesterday lol. I'm left-leaning myself, did you hear about the new energy law at all? It basically gets rid of tax incentives for oil companies which I have absolutely no problem with, thanks!