Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's Tuesday and I have a lot to Say About Something other than Harry Potter

I do actually have a lot to say, but I am not sure that I will get through most of it. Those people that pay me at the end of every other week have given me something else to do besides blog! Crazy people. But I will get as much down here as I can.


> I missed last nights debate. School again. And I don't get YouTube at work (blocked website), but I will take a look at the highlights when I get home. I don't know that a lot was learned, but it sounds like it was amusing. Tomorrow is my final and I am not taking classes in the fall, so maybe I will be able to catch some of the debates this fall. I really am going to have to make a decision soon on who to vote for in the primary.

> I do not follow NFL, except for the Playoffs (a little bit) and then I watch the Super Bowl, so truly the little I know about Michael Vick is because of his and his little brother's Virginia Tech stories. Michael was a great QB for VT and everyone expected Marcus to follow in his footsteps. Well, little Marcus had some troubles with "the Law" and had to sit out a season, but he seemed learn his lesson and come back more dedicated to his school and his sport.. then he fell (or jumped) into some more trouble and was dismissed from the team. He is probably on a roster for some NFL team now, but I haven't heard anything about him since he left VT.

I thought the whole thing was sad. This young, talented man had his whole life in front of him with opportunities many do not have. And look at his big brother. Look at Michael, he made it, he is obviously a GREAT role model, why couldn't Marcus follow in his footsteps?

Who followed in whose footsteps? Too much, too soon, too sad.

> It occurred to me some time ago that W may decide being President is not enough for him and that he may want to work his way around to becoming King George I of the U.S. Most people think I am crazy. That is a definite possibility, however, I am obviously not the only one who feels this way. Libby Spencer over at TheNewsHoggers seems to thinking the same thing and expresses it better than I could. There is a followup to that article in yesterday's "I am not a kook" at TheImpolitic where Libby also blogs. I only hope we are both wrong.

> My dad does not normally send me Email at work, so when I logged in this morning I figured the Email would either a) be funny or b) irritate me. (Dad likes to send me Repub propoganda to watch my head explode). Then I saw it was from my cousin Bobby originally and just knew it was (b. It was not. It was a .wmv though and I have NO idea how to post one to this blog. It was only a couple of minutes long, but made fun of W in the first 10 seconds. Good stuff.

If any of the three of you who actually read this occassionally knows how to add a .wmv to this thing, would you tell me?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm not entirely certain how to add a .wmv file to your blog. One possible way to do it: upload it to YouTube and then copy the "embed" code from YouTube. I *think* that could work.

LeftLeaningLady said...

Not a bad idea. I am just not sure what the rules are on uploading to YouTube, this isn't my file, just one I received. I will take a look at it though.

Thank you