Thursday, January 31, 2008

Maybe I Should Support McCain?

Ok, ok, don't lose your minds; I can explain. I do not have a great track record on supporting the people or issues that are winning. I voted for John Edwards TWO days ago, and he was out of the race in less than 24 hours. Stupid Amendment 1 passed, but then almost every amendment proposed to the Florida Constitution passes. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that no one is paying attention, but I am and I consistently vote no, and they consistently pass.*

So, I thought if I supported John McCain, it would ENSURE that there was a Democrat in the White House this time next year. Obviously, it won't be John Edwards and I don't know how I feel about Barack and Hillary, but either of them would be better than a republican.

Great, there I've outed myself and I really can't support McCain. I guess I better figure out who I am supporting then. Only 9 months until the general election. Can we last that long?

* In 2006 I did vote yes on the amendment that made it necessary for 60% to vote yes before an amendment passed. I must have not been paying attention too closely, because I thought it was 67% (like a U.S. Constitutional amendment). If it was 67%, amendment 1 would not have made it.

4 comments:

fallenmonk said...

Haven't you Floridians learned the old saw that when you find yourself in a hole to stop digging. They are making noises about doing the same here in Georgia. Our infrastructure is falling apart. We don't have enough water storage to weather a drought. We need public transportation in the Atlanta area badly.Sewer system that can't handle the occasional rain storm and thus fill the Chattahoochee with raw sewage and on and on.

Ot thanks for stopping by my place and I look forward to seeing you around.

LeftLeaningLady said...

I hear you. And yet we keep voting the same morons in to State and Federal government and they keep screwing us. Will we learn? Ever?

Anonymous said...

I voted "NO" and "Obama," respectively... I like your "reverse psychology" angle, though... or is it "Murphy's Law?" ;-)

LeftLeaningLady said...

It is grasping at straws to get a Democrat elected! Whatever it takes!