Friday, June 29, 2007

What a Wild Ride!

As I have mentioned before in this space, football is my game. While I didn't play, I have always loved it and it has grown into a full blown obsession. Well, college football. Ok, ok, University of Florida college football.

So while it isn't my favorite, and I don't go out of my way to watch it, I have mentioned that I have been very impressed with this year's (and last year's) National Championship winning basketball team. They had already made history by being the only team to ever win back to back titles with the same 5 starters. Now they have made history again by being the only school to have 3 members picked in the first 10 picks of the first round of the NBA draft. WOW. These young men have just started on their lives and have already broken records. I hope they continue to make their dreams come true!

Congratulations to Al Horford, Corey Brewer, Joakim Noah, Chris Richard, and Taurean Green. You managed to bring the trophy to Gainesville twice and, hopefully, get an education in the bargain. The Gators will never forget you!

No comments: