Friday, June 22, 2007

Dick is a..dick

I am a big believer in rules. I like them, they make me comfortable and happy. What I don't like is when the rules are applied haphazardly or are bent because of who you are, who you know or how much money you have. It especially bugs the shit out of me, when it is a politician who makes up the rules as he/she goes along and then dares anyone to criticize them for the job they are doing (or aren't doing).

Dick Cheney has twice been elected Vice-President of the United States. This is a publicly held, voted in by the masses, paid for with my tax dollars office. He is supposed to work for ME (whether I voted for him or not). He is not supposed to be sitting up there in his office in the White House telling the American public to mind our own damn business. Apparently Dick (can I call you Dick?) has decided that he is not part of the Executive Branch of our government and, therefore, the agency who oversees classified documents has not business overseeing him.

Is this the same guy who has claimed Executive privilege in the past? What are you trying to hide Dick? We all know that you are still in bed with Halliburton, that is not a secret. We all know there were no WMDs in Iraq, not a secret.

On top of all of this, just in case the agency DOES have the right to oversee him, he is trying to get the agency abolished.

This guy has creeped me out for years. Right after 9/11 I was convinced he was dead, does anyone else remember NOT seeing him for months on end? I am still not convinced he is not a fembot. Frankly, I hate Dubya, but I would throw myself in front of a bullet for him, because even if he is actually running the country right now, I do not want Dick Cheney to be President.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it seems Cheney is trying to say he's outside the rules that apply to that branch... but we have three branches, and he's neither a judge nor a member of Congress... just who the hell does he think he is?

I look forward to a future time with a president/VP who actually goes out of his way to follow the law, not who continually flouts it...

LeftLeaningLady said...

I wouldn't mind one who just attended State funerals and dinners. I would also like the President and all 465 members of Congress to start following the law. I don't know that it will ever happen, though.

Anonymous said...

today I wrote a post on this flouting of the law by the prez and VP... they keep topping themselves, those two...