Friday, June 1, 2007

Friday Round Up

Just a few quick points that I would like to address on this lovely Friday...
***********************************************************************************

There is a new theme park opening in Florida in 2009. I am certain it will be picketed by the neo-cons as something brought to us live, by Satan, but I would bet my savings that 99% of them have not read the books or watched the movies. I, personally, am opening a new vacation account so that I can be the first in line to visit Hogwarts. Yes, I am 40 years old, and I love all things Harry Potter.
**********************************************************************************


Dr. Kevorkian left prison today after 8 years. I am amazed that he served anytime at all. It amazes me in this country that we will allow our pets to be put out of their misery and allow them to die with dignity, but we won't allow the same for our parents. Isn't something wrong with that?
*********************************************************************************


Billie Donovan has accepted a job as head coach of the Orlando Magic. He is going to be making a lot of money, but he was already making a lot of money. I don't follow basketball like I do football, so I have no idea how well coaches transition from the NCAA to the NBA. I would like to believe that Coach Donovan has left the University of Florida to go to the NBA because that is the natural progression of his career. (If it was all about the bling, wouldn't he have gone to UK?) He has done an amazing job with the Gator basketball program and he will be missed, but I would like to send him my congratulations and a Huge Good Luck for the future!



Thank you Coach, you will be missed!

(Coach Meyer, don't even think about it!)
********************************************************************************

The thought of Fred Thompson attempting to run our country makes me sick to my stomach, but Libby over at TheImpolitic explains much better than I ever could how a vote for Fred Thompson is just another vote for Dubya!*********************************************************************************

Hurricane season is upon us. A moment of silence, please, hoping that Mother Nature will be kind this year.

**********************************************************************************

Happy Friday, Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad Kevorkian made it... he's frail and I was concerned he'd die in prison... basically, his sentence would have been a death sentence, which is unfair...

are there really two Thompsons running for pres?