Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday Round Up II

Since the birth of two sets of sextuplets less than twelve hours apart (and the subsequent death of three of them) I have wanted to do a post what I feel about the entire situationa and what I feel should have been done. Posting on the subject is tricky and so I have written posts in my head, but have not managed to type anything. This morning I realized I didn't have to because everything I was thinking and feeling was already posted. Erinberry says:

The conclusion I've come to is this: I believe that once a woman makes
the decision to carry a pregnancy to term, she has a moral duty to do
what is best for the fetuses that will become children.
And that is what I would have said if I had been even close to as eloquent as she is.
*************************************************************************************
Another thing on my mind this week is "Paul Hill Days" being held from 26-29 Jul in Milwaukee, WI. I can't even begin to understand how a person/group could celebrate the life of a blatant murdered and claim to be Pro-Life. I normally like to right up my own opinions, but again, someone has done it better than I ever could over at archy. He has several posts on this subject and, frankly, whenever I think about it, I just want to hit and throw things, so that is not very conducive to blogging.
************************************************************************************************************
I don't see what the big deal is on Hillary's new commercial. I never watched "Sopranos" so I didn't get some of the references, but it was cute. That does not mean that I would vote for Hillary on the basis of that commercial. I screamed about the SwiftVote commercials and the fact that some voted for Dubya on the basis of the lies told about Kerry, so I am not going to vote on the basis of any commercial. I don't know why people are complaining about it, however. It is a way to get people's attention. I have not even seen it on TV, only on the 'net, so why are you looking for it if you don't want to see it? Just one more reason to complain about Hillary?
****************************************************************************************************************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post... there's been a lot of talk about the Hillary commercial... Jon Stewart questioned the wisdom of Hillary and Bill likening themselves to a big American crime family... lol... my post Weds makes reference to another blogger's comments about Hillary, Bill and onion rings... I have a new one today about polygamy/road rage...

have a good weekend!

LeftLeaningLady said...

I saw your post about Bill and onion rings and realized (again) why I don't read Althouse. What bullshit!