Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Baby Boy!

Wow, how time flies when you are having fun (or struggling to pay the rent). My sweet, darling, beautiful son turned 18 yesterday. Yes, I know, not such a baby anymore. My plan was to post about his birthday yesterday when it was still his birthday, but, frankly, I teared up everytime I thought about it. While that may or may not make sense to many around me, it does to me. I AM happy that he is 18, graduating high school, making plans for college. But I am also sad, because it feels like I have been fired from my job! He's legally grown, will he ever need me again? What happened to that sweet baby who loved me best in the whole wide world? The one who lived to sit in my lap and snuggle with me? The one who could make me madder than anyone in the entire world?

Ok, I am crying now.

Things are supposed to change, I understand that. He is supposed to grow up and become independant (and help vote all Republicans out of office) and I have done everything I knew to do to help him achieve those goals. But there is a very large part of me who would like to have my baby back!

That isn't going to happen, so here is a slightly late Happy Birthday shout out. I do hope that your life is long, happy & filled with love.

No comments: