Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Misc Thoughts

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Dubya was not being honest, that he (Dubya) was LYING to the American people. OMG, say it isn’t so. How could this happen? Oh, yes, his lips were moving.

Dubya is yelling that the Democrats should cut short their Easter vacation and get back to Washington to pass a budget that he will not be forced to veto. Hey! I have an idea, sign the budget they’ve given you, asshole. And then get the troops out of there! But, I digress. Dubya says that the military will suffer; training will grind to a halt & new equipment will not be made. Does anyone out there believe ANY of this?

In the late 90’s Clinton refused to sign the budget that Congress sent him (actually it was Oct, so he probably wasn’t signing the extension). I was active duty, I went to work. I was told I may or may not get paid on pay day. I did. The civil service was sent home, because “there is no money to pay them”. They got paid. Actually they sat on their asses for 2 weeks and then got paid for it. I am still a little pissed about that. (But I don’t hold a grudge.) Everyone will get paid. Training will continue on and why would equipment stop being made? The Army makes its own equipment now? NO. Those computers come from Dell. Those airplanes come from Boeing. They will keep working, they are pretty sure the government is good for it.

You can read the whole story : http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/03/senate.funds/index.html
If you have the stomach for it.

Is it Jan ’09 yet?

No comments: