Monday, April 16, 2007

Twenty dead?

I had a lovely post ready about the birthday party on Saturday night, but that will have to wait. I cannot breathe at this point, how is this possible? "One dead" said the first headline. "Twenty fatally shot" said the second one. Now there are 22 dead? 22 shot. Another school shooting. Four days before the anniversary of the worst school shooting in our nation's history. CAN WE PLEASE TAKE AWAY THE GUNS NOW? Can we shut down the NRA and Charlton Heston? Does anyone honestly believe that this would have happened if guns were illegal? Does anyone truthfully believe that twenty two people could have been murdered in a dorm and a classroom with a knife, a baseball bat or a car? (All arguments I have heard to support the lack of gun control)

Ok, I do not believe that guns are the root of all evil. I don't even think they should be completely outlawed. But don't give me that "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" BS, because it takes a lot more work for people to kill without guns. If people are going to murder in out country, our communities, let them work for it.

I know this post is scattered and I am babbling, but I am upset and pissed off. I am sick of hearing how guns are our right. When did the rights of others become more important than my right to LIFE?

No comments: