Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring Has Sprung and football has begun!

Spring is here! Spring is here! Spring is my favorite time of year. Of course, living in the south has to have some perks, right? While a lot of the country is still trying to dig out of the latest snow storm, we here in NW Florida are enjoying sunshine and temperatures in the upper 70’s during the day. (I am not going to whine about nights in the 50’s, it just seems wrong). So, let’s enjoy this beautiful weather, could life get any better than this?

Let me answer my own question. OF COURSE IT CAN. Not only is today the first official full day of spring (happy spring equinox), it is also the first day of Spring practice in Gainesville (a.k.a. Title Town). So the boys in blue and orange will take to the field over the next few weeks in preparation for the annual Blue and Orange game (circumstances are preventing me from attending). Players will be vying for starting positions, Tim Tebow will have to adjust to being THE QB, and the defense will have to work hard to gel after the loss of Ryan Smith, Jarvis Moss and Reggie Nelson. I understand that it is almost impossible to repeat a National Championship run and this team is YOUNG. But I am very confident that it will not be another 10 years before that Crystal football comes back to the University of Florida. Go Gators!

In other news, why do you think that Dubya is afraid to allow Karl Rove and Harriet Meirs to be questioned under oath about the firing of the lawyers? I am, personally, a big fan of the “right to remain silent”, but I am not a public personality. I am not being paid by tax dollars. I don’t have to answer to the people. The House Judiciary subcommittee has voted to authorize subpoenas if they become necessary. You can read the story at cnn.com http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/21/us.attorneys.firings/index.html
It is an interesting story. One more example of Dubya thinking he and his cronies are above the law.

No comments: