Friday, March 9, 2007

I think he is a hypocrite.

Newt Gringrich has announced that he was having an extra marital affair at the same time he was pursuing charges against President Clinton in the Monica Lewinsky debacle, but thinks the public should not view him as a hypocrite. Why not? He can babble all he wants about perjury & lying to a grand jury, but we all know that the reason the charges were pursued was because Bill got his d*ck sucked. Gingrich went on to say, “..I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials.” Great. What would have happened if someone had asked Gingrich if he was having an affair? Under oath? Of course, he would have told the truth, right? He is honest. Or at least as honest as a cheat can be. You can read the whole story. http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1597666,00.html?cnn=yes

It irritates me when I go off on a tangent that really isn’t relevant. I get caught up in the BS like everyone else. Whether or not Gingrich slept with 100 women during his second marriage is not important. HIS SEX LIFE IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS. Imagine that. Just like my sex life is none of his, or anyone else’s.

There are more important things in the news. Apparently Dubya is not having a good week. First, there was the Walter Reed story about how well the repubs are taking care of the troops. It makes me want to throw up. Let’s send these boys, these children, who are barely old enough to shave into HELL for NO APPARENT REASON, then, when they are mutilated (closed head injuries, missing limbs, broken spines, etc) let’s dump them in another hell hole. Some place we wouldn’t let our dogs live. This is how we support our troops? What would we do if we didn’t like them? Of course, I can no longer find links to this story. Liberal Bush hating media, you know.

Second, there was the firing of 8 judges. I have seen very little about this on the web. The only reason I know anything is because I listen to NPR anytime I am in the car. I think there was a brief blurb on a website Monday or Tuesday (whenever the story broke), but nothing since then. Apparently the repubs had passed a law allowing the Attorney General to appoint federal judges without Senate confirmation. WHAT?? So, there were 8 federal judges fired & 8 more appointed. Bush has now said he will not fight when the Democrats repeal this law. He didn’t fight it when it was passed. It has been several years since I took a government course, but it sure seems to me that this whole mess smacked of unconstitutionality.

Third, well, let’s take a look at the pictorial of Dubya’s visit to South America. http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,1505,00.html#1_0 Apparently they aren’t very fond of him in the south, either. And this is a FoxNews link. I am interested to see what REALLY happened.

Well, this is really long, again, although there is so much more. Barack Obama is rising in the polls. Guilliani’s divorce is going to be a problem for the neo-cons (but neither of Gingrich’s will be?). And the FBI is being chastised for not keeping a paper trail of the spying they were doing on U.S. citizens. But I will cease babbling for a bit. I may be back later, though, I have a lot to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely, Gingrich is a hypocrite! why in the world is Focus on the Family interviewing him? with his affairs, marriages and divorces, he's not a paragon of virtue for the "family values" set... wtf?

LeftLeaningLady said...

C'mon Pete, we both know that Focus on the Family has nothing to do with family or values. Just like the neo-cons have nothing to do with Christianity. Sadly there aren't enough of us who know that!

And thank you for my first comment!