Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rested up and working on the laundry

As Carl pointed out in the comments, I said I made it home safe, but didn't really go into details about the trip. He is correct. I was going to say something about more details later, but just forgot, or something. I was exhausted and yesterday was very busy (had to go see BabyBoy's play last night) so I really just didn't have time.

I had a wonderful time, but it wore me out. The conference started Sunday morning and ran through Wednesday. Most mornings the first session started at 8:00 and the last one got out anywhere from 4:00-6:00, then there were parks to enjoy at night! I managed to fit in most of the thrill rides: the Rock'nRoller Coaster starring Aerosmith, Expedition Everest, Dino, Mission:Space, Test Track, and Space Mountain. I skipped Splash Mountain (it was cold!) and the Tower of Terror, because I didn't like it the first time I rode it. And I managed some of the old favorites, It's a Small World and The Haunted Mansion. I even managed to get a picture of Susan Lucci on Sunday night, because it was Soap Weekend at Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM). I didn't have time for many of my old favorites though, like "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" or Journey into Imagination, but I will next time (maybe).

I did manage to learn quite a bit at the conference also. Of course 90% of the information was on procedures that we are not performing correctly, so guess who has her work cut out for her in the next couple of months? Unfortunately many of these adjustments are not mine to make, they are going to include most of the people I work with and it is going to take dynamite to make them change their ways. I will be busy.

I also do not have any pictures to post. When I was showing the pictures I took to DSD, I realized that ALL of them include P's children. I have a strict policy not to post pictures of other people's children on this blog. I can choose to post pictures of my family even if they are underage, but not of others. My personal choice.

But the kids were soooo much fun. Especially D. Today is her 5th birthday, but we celebrated on Wednesday with lunch at the castle with the princesses. This is not something that BabyBoy would allow when I took him, so it was very exciting for me to have a little girl to go with. And she was so sweet and appreciative. She was dressed as Snow White and everyone kept calling her Snow White. She also had a button that said "Today is my birthday." She had her pictures taken over and over and asked for autographs from all those that she didn't already have. The best part, however, was as we were leaving the park. I needed to get back to the conference and they needed to go back to the hotel to change D's clothes into something warmer. One of Disney's cast members stopped us and asked for D's autograph. She was absolutely overwhelmed and touched. She really was a little princess.

So, I am out of touch and behind on everything, here at home and at work and in the news. But I had a great time and can't wait to go back. Hopefully next time I won't have a conference to worry about!

No comments: