Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No One Is Perfect

After seeing that President Obama had made his announcement for his Supreme Court nominee, I checked several different news pages to try to form an opinion of Judge Sonia Sotomayor. There are things to like about her, of course, but I am not sure I am happy with her for this position. There seems to be several issues that I am not comfortable with, but the main one is whether or not she is going to vote based on the Constitution or based on some other criteria. Some things she has said made it sound like she would be going with the latter.

I hope not. I hope I misunderstood and she is going to do a great job.

Time will tell.

1 comment:

skyewriter said...

Another person plucked from basic obscurity... let's hope this time President Obama's people did a better job vetting her than some of the administration's previous nominations for the cabinet.

She does seem, from I have been able to find out about her, to be more aligned with Scalia's type of jurisprudence. As you say, only time will tell.