Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Tax Day!

Ok, most of us don't look forward to paying our taxes. While we understand it is a necessary evil; it is still evil.

Still, today, I have gotten a lovely tickle out of the "TEA" parties propagated by the right wing propaganda machine.

Government spending has been out of control since before I graduated high school (1985) and has continued until this day and NOW the right wingers want to protest?

Why didn't they protest against Reagan? Well, he was God.

Why didn't they protest against Bush I? Well, we forgot God was no longer President.

Why didn't they protest against Clinton? Well, we were a little more concerned about his sex life than the deficit and he did, actually, balance the budget before the left office.

Why didn't they protest against Bush II? Well, there is no explanation, except excessive use of Marijuana and 9/11.

So NOW there are protests. NOW, when this country NEEDS the extra spending, to help other Americans, to help, period. NOW there are protests?

There is something wrong in this country.

4 comments:

andante said...

Ya know what I think they are REALLY protesting?

A black man in the Oval Office.

And incidentally, losing the election.

LeftLeaningLady said...

Isn't it sad that you are probably right?

andante said...

Incredibly sad.

Give it several more generations, and things will change. ut never completely. There will alwas be people afraid of changes to their world.

LeftLeaningLady said...

We have come a long way, but there is still so far to go. I have done my best to raise a child who is color blind, I don't know that I have succeeded 110%, but I've certainly done a lot better than most. Hopefully he will continue that.