Shel at Yah Sure, You Betcha! got tagged earlier this week and has passed on the love to yours truly. This is a lot of fun and let's me move pass the whining that has consumed me lately and, yet, still lets it be all about me!
10 years ago I was an unhappily married, active duty Air Force member living in base housing trying to figure out how to get my X to get out. I had already asked him for a divorce twice and he would just cry and tell me he loved me and our son and we could make it work. I was also bored with my job (it was never an adventure) and looking for something new.
5 Things on my to do list today were:
1. Get the oil changed in my car
2. Clean my office.
3. Go to bed EARLY (for a change)
4. Balance my check book.
5. Finish specific work items that have been dragged out due to numerous interuptions.
Things I would do if I were suddenly a Billionaire:
*Pay off my house
*Remodel my house
* Buy my parents a house
*OR after I remodel, GIVE my parents MY house and buy a bigger one for us.
*Ensure that my parents never have to work again
*Setup a trust fund for my brother and my son (neither of whom could be trusted with a large amount of money)
*Get DSD a Golf membership to one of the nicer clubs (not the nicest, that is too much money, even for a billionaire)
*Take a 2 week vacation to Bora Bora
* Donate money to: Doctors without Borders, Catholic Charities, St Jude's, any and all Missions/Feed the Poor charities, help specific people with need
*Save/Invest the rest*
3 of my bad habits:
1. I act like a 2 year old when I am hungry and/or tired.
2. I'm lazy.
3. I am a procrastinator in the worst way. I could win President Procrastinator if I ever managed to run for it.
Jobs I've had:
1. Administrative Assistant.
2. Computer Technician.
3. System Administrator.
4. Military member.
9. Day care provider.
10. Fast food worker
5 Things people don't know about me:
1. The Super Bowl and I were born the same year (1967), but the Super Bowl turned 42 this year and I will be 41 next month.
2. I dropped out of college after 1 year to get married.
3. Aside from my son, the thing I am most proud of is the fact that I bought my house on my own. My loan. My name on the deed. My house. (Obviously now that we are married it is DSD's house also, but this was 7 years ago!).
4. I wish I could sing. Not get rich/famous sing, just karoake (without making people cover their ears) sing. I could make some of those really bad singers on American Idol look GOOD!
5. While I may forgive a slight (no mattter the size) I NEVER forget.
6. (Just because) President Bill Clinton waved to me and my son and my son's friend RJ as he passed by the park where we were playing enroute to a speech he was making locally. This was probably '96 or '97. (We were there because it was only a block from our house and we knew it was on his route!)
I am supposed to tag 4 people now, but I only have 2. (If either actually the time or the inclination. They are both a little busy right now with real life concerns. )