Monday, March 10, 2008

Having a Great Monday!

After the time change, I am feeling a little slow and I really didn't want to get up this morning. But I did. And I came to work. And I received really great news all around.

#1. It is starting to look like my vote in the Democratic Primary may actually count. I am not pleased that it may cost a bundle, but I am willing to donate to the Florida Democratic Party to help defray the costs. (Is that tax deductible?)

#2. Last week there were some questions about whether or not the brand new All-American Football League would have a season this year. Apparently there are some money issues. But, according to this article, things are looking up and I may be spending my birthday in Gainesville as planned! Go Team Florida!

#3. My Letter to the Editor of the local paper was published today. It was such a ridiculously long letter that it made it into the Viewpoints section and looks like real life article. It even looks like a real byline. Aren't I just the coolest thing? Wait until they publish the one I sent in today. I was a little more hateful.

#4. My parents are passing through town on their way to Central Florida and they bought me a nice lunch and we had a lovely visit. I wish everybody's parents were as great as mine!

I hope your Monday is going as well (or better than!) mine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my remaining a Democrat depends in part on my vote being counted - however that may happen... congrats on the letter... I've had a lot of those published here, but about a paragraph at the most...

I was dead tired yesterday with the time change...

LeftLeaningLady said...

Pete, long time no see. How is life? I get letters printed several times year, but it is always exciting for me.


And what are you going to do if they don't count your vote? Become an Independent?

Anonymous said...

I am considering going back to Independent status, which I originally had before the Clinton impeachment compelled me to join the team... the party is on thin ice with me right now over this, over telecom immunity and over interrogation techniques... none of these things are all said and done yet, hence my "considering" a change in party... it's all in their hands as far as I'm concerned...

LeftLeaningLady said...

I hear you. After I got married and went to change my drivers license I must have stood staring at the DMV lady for several minutes trying to decide where to register. They had already announced that they would not be counting our delegates. I registered Democrat, because I was hoping they would fix it somehow before the end of January.

Maybe they still will.

Michelle said...

Congrats on the great Monday and getting your own article in the paper.