Thursday, December 13, 2007

An Open Letter to My Representative

Mr. Boyd,
I am frankly appalled that you (and all of the House of Representatives) wasted MY time and MY tax dollars debating and voting on a bill that recognizes and respects Christians and Christianity. Isn't that why we have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights? Doesn't this completely go against the Bill of Rights? What happened to "the government shall not make or establish a religion?" Isn't that what you just did? And then you voted AYE to postpone consideration of the veto message: H R 3963 Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act. So let's acknowledge Christianity but leave the children without healthcare? Who exactly are you supposed to be representing again? Because you are NOT representing me.
Thank you,
[name removed]
Registered Democrat
Christian
Veteran

Yes, this is the letter I sent to my representative. What a waste of time and money. If you don't know what I am talking about, you can read about it here and here. You can find out how your Rep voted here. Please write your representative and tell them that you are appalled or, if by some luck, your rep voted Nay or abstained, please congratulate them on a job well done.

Please excuse me now, I have to go hang my head in shame!

No comments: