Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Quick Picture Post!


The view from our friends' back deck in Placerville, CA. I don't think you can see the mountains over Lake Tahoe in this one, but they are there!


        Us in front of the American River, not far from where gold was found. 


 Apple pie wine? BRING IT ON! Can you tell that this is not our first stop of the day? 


  He looks natural there, doesn't he? This was at the Train Museum in Sacramento. I am the only one who wanted to go, but we ALL had a blast! 




How do I look at a school marm? 


Obligatory self-portrait in front of the Golden Gate! I LOVED San Francisco and would go back for the entire summer, every summer, if I could! 

3 comments:

Ahab said...

It sounds like a great trip! I've always wanted to visit San Francisco myself.

So, tell me more about the apple pie wine. I'm guessing it was an apple wine with spices?

LeftLeaningLady said...

It tasted like apple pie a la mode. It was so sweet... I like a sweet wine!

(O)CT(O)PUS said...

I am now the center of gravity for my family – the one around whom everyone congregates (and sometimes aggravates) – so tomorrow I will be flinging the bird (sliced turkey) to everyone.

Earlier today, my kids told me to go stuff it, so I am off to the kitchen now with 2 boxes of Stove Top.

If a very large bird appears at your window on Thanksgiving Day, have no fear. Its probably a peeping tom. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.