Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Brain, and an Athlete, and a Basket Case...

A princess and a criminal.


So ends my absolutely favorite John Hughes movie.

I came of age in a John Hughes era of teen coming of age movies. They, and the Brat Pack, defined who I was, what I wore and what I wanted to be when I grew up. And my speech is still peppered with John Hughes movie references to this day.

John passed away today of a heart attack at age 59. His movies were amazing and I will never forget him or the charactars he brought to my life. I have even introduced many of his movies to my 20 year old son and we watch them together.

Thank you, John, for the fun, for the charactars, for the quotes ("Smoke up Johnny") for the laughter and even for the tears.

RIP John Hughes, director extraordinaire.

No comments: