Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Lordy, Lordy Look Who's....

Forty! Four Oh. 40. Wow. Today is not actually my birthday, it was last week. But it was fairly crazy at work & I had finals the last 2 nights, so I spent most of the weekend studying. I am not convinced it was worth it. I will see when I get my grades.

So, Forty. I am absolutely dumbfounded by it. I did have a nice little pity party the night before, my last night in my 30's. I was sad (and a little drunk) and I stayed up way too late. But when I woke up the morning of my birthday... I didn't feel any different! How is that possible? Shouldn't I be smarter and wiser now that I am suddenly 40? Shouldn't there be some benefit besides the wrinkles and gray hair? (Ok, I've had the gray for 15 years, I just try to keep it hidden). But there was no sudden epiphany on life or love or how to win the lottery. Just me @ 40.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy b'day... you sound like Florida blogger "Kate," who has also just turned 40... I will be right there behind you shortly...

myself and a few other Florida bloggers are planning a little "summit," possibly for 5/27, in the Orlando area... not sure how far you are from there, but you should consider attending...

LeftLeaningLady said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I actually thought I read on your blog that you were only in your late 20s, but maybe I am mistaken.

I would love to attend the bloggers summit, but it is a little out of the way for those of us on the Redneck Riviera! Thank you for the invitation. Maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

if I said I was in my late 20s, I was kidding, exaggerating or lying... lol... I'm that plus 10 years...