Friday, December 18, 2009

Calling for Actual Reform

I have not had the time, the energy, or the inclination to read every single draft of the health care bill that has come out of both houses. Who has that much time? I have been lucky to read 1/4 of the news articles on the subject. But, even with the little bit I have read and understood, I am pretty sure this is not what I signed on for.

I wanted health care to be reformed. I wanted every single person living in the United States to have access to health care, from birth to death, and I didn't want them to have to give up their retirement for it... or sell their souls.

As I said, I have not had a lot of time, so if I am wrong, please let me know, but my understanding is that the reform that is coming through Washington is going to allow the insurance companies to get richer and will not change how the poor accesses care.

If this is true, this is not Change I can believe in.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well hello there, LLL. Happy holidays to you and your'n. I have a similarly themed post up now (i.e., "disappointment). Check it out.

libhom said...

You are absolutely correct. All of the reform has been choked out of the bill.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I started my first 8-week class and will add another one next month. I'm going to do the overlap thing where I'm taking two classes at a time, but not two finals in the same month. I'm not about to do three classes at once like you.... which is why you're poly sci hero!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carl (aka Sofarsogoo) said...

Hi, Lady! I hope you get back soon from whatever you're doing, and, among other things, so that you could clean up all the extraneous comments, some in Russian or whatever, that have built up over the six months now of your "sabbatical" and would not be here if you were around.