Thursday, April 30, 2009

Maybe I Don't Like Geeks?

Ok, that's not true. I don't have anything against geeks; they are people too. What I have a problem with is BAD TV. I do not understand how so many people waste so much time sitting in front of shows that I find really, really stupid. My husband does it. The reason we never fight over what is on the television is that I just don't care.

So I was dumbfounded by the fact that the NBC Monday night show "Chuck" is being rallied around by TV watchers across the country. Apparently there are bloggers and twitters galore begging the networks not to cancel this show. Why?

I watched the first episode. DSD thought it would be great and I did not have any shows to watch at that time (I like to have 1 or 2 most of the time!) And guess what? I hated it. I thought the humor was sophomoric and the storylines were convoluted. I was bored out of my mind. And I have not sat through another entire episode.

I have, however, caught bits and pieces of it just because it was on. I think I saw the series finale when Chuck's brain was cured by Scott "Quantum Leap" Bakulla who played the father. It was a perfect ending for this series. How would they bring it back since Chuck's brain no longer holds the needed information? Make that show a dream, maybe?

I read the article on CNN that says it is a family show that can be watched with your 4 year old. I read how the show is "unique with its blend of romance, action, drama and comedy."

Obviously I have completely different tastes from most of those people, because I just thought it was dumb. Maybe that is why I don't watch a lot of TV.

No comments: